Systems/Network Support Engineer
AbleIT is currently hiring an entry level Systems/Network Support Engineer.
As a member of our networking team you will ultimately be responsible for supporting our customers, providing advice and guidance with regards to the technologies implemented within the customer businesses and providing a trouble free computing experience to all customers users.
Reports to – Manager of Network Support Services
Other – health and dental benefit program (Begins after 3 month trial period)
Terms of employment – permanent, full time
We are looking for a passionate person with the desire to design, implement and support the following information technologies (short list):
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Citrix Server
- VMware / Server Virtualization Technologies
- EMC SAN Technologies
- Advanced Server Clustering Technologies
- Advanced Server Replication and Failover Technologies
- Network Routing and WAN / VPN Technologies
We’re AbleIT and every day we build and support network infrastructure for customers using the latest tools and technologies and we’re looking for people who want to be part of a business with a reputation for innovative, quality solutions.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work, both financially and in many other ways … Experience counts, but most of all you’ve got to have passion, responsibility and pride in what you do … if you’d describe yourself as hard working, a stickler for detail, thoughtful and predictable. We’re on a fast track and we’re looking for performers.
If you are passionate about technology and are motivated to learn, there is lots of growth potential in our relatively young and successful IT Company.
The lists below are not intended to be all-inclusive; but, are meant to highlight the general scope and outline of the position.
Primary Functions/Tasks Required on the Job:
- Network, Implementation and Project Support
- Help Desk and On-site Support
Support (via telephone and remote access)
- Provide problem-solving and mentoring services to customers
- Troubleshoot/maintain/optimize all versions of Microsoft Windows Server
- Troubleshoot/maintain/optimize all versions Windows desktop operating systems
- Troubleshoot/maintain/optimize a variety of server / network technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Citrix Server
- Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Site to Site VPN
- Various remote access technologies
- Server Virtualization
- Storage Area Network (SAN) Technologies
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network issues
- Troubleshoot PC hardware and perform PC hardware and printer repairs and upgrades
- Setup/troubleshoot various routers, switches and related hardware in a LAN/WAN environment
- Setup/troubleshoot various wireless technologies
- Setup/troubleshoot various anti-virus software packages
- Setup/troubleshoot various data backup technologies
- Setup/troubleshoot network infrastructure connectivity
- Desktop roll-outs across LAN/WAN
- Assisting project managers with larger projects when required
- Deploy and support peer to peer networks
- Co-ordination with Department Manager when escalation of issues arises
- Complete all paperwork related to service calls
- Assist in developing and maintaining documentation for knowledge base
- Learn and keep up to date with changing technologies
Must own a reliable vehicle and have a valid driver’s license. Minimum 1 year vocational college and/or university
Preference will be given to individuals who currently possess the following certifications:
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
- Windows Desktop Platforms (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10)
- Windows Server Platforms (Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Cloud Services
- Remote Tools: RDP, VNC, VPN
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Must comply with the corporate vision, mission, culture of AbleIT
- Must have a good attitude with a strong will to succeed
- Must be goal oriented
- Must work well individually and in a fast paced team environment
- Must have exemplary customer and interpersonal relations
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Must be proficient at problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize and escalate issues
Hours of Work:
- The candidate will be based out of the Edmonton Office and will normally work regular business hours.
- The candidate may be called upon to work occasional evenings and weekends. Special consideration/arrangements will be negotiated for extra hours worked.
Send Resume To:
Our preferred method of resume collection is in .doc or .pdf format and sent via email to email@example.com.
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.