Entry Level Programmer/Analyst
AbleIT is seeking an entry level Programmer/Analyst.
As a member of the team, you will be assisting with the design and creation of software for our internal and customer applications. As well, this person may be called on to assist or train the users in the installation and use of the software or support.
Reports to – Manager of Application Development Services
Other – health and dental benefit program (Begins after 3 month trial period)
Terms of employment – part-time or permanent, full time
We are looking for a passionate person with the desire to design, implement and support the following software technologies (short list):
- Windows 7+, Windows Server 2008+
- Visual Studio.NET 2010+
- Visual BASIC.NET
- C#/C++ (limited)
- IIS 7+
- PHP (limited)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008+
- Component One tool suite
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Visio
- Other tools and tool suites as necessary
We’re AbleIT and every day we build and support database applications for customers using the latest tools and technologies and we’re looking for people who want to be part of a business with a reputation for innovative, quality solutions.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work, both financially and in many other ways … Experience counts, but most of all you’ve got to have passion, responsibility and pride in what you do … if you’d describe yourself as hard working, a stickler for detail, thoughtful and predictable. We’re on a fast track and we’re looking for performers.
If you are passionate about technology and are motivated to learn, there is lots of growth potential in our relatively young and successful IT Company.
The lists below are not intended to be all-inclusive; but, are meant to highlight the general scope and outline of the position.
Primary Functions/Tasks Required in the Job:
- Help Desk and on-site support as required
- Develop programs using the approved languages, tools and standards
- Document processes and programs
- Review and recommend tools which may enhance the programming and user experiences
- Create changes as requested to AbleOffice (AbleIT’s internal work order ticketing system)
- Legacy support and program updates for older web and desktop database systems within our client base. This may include Microsoft Access or other database systems.
- Design, creation and deployment of new web and/or desktop database applications for our clients
- Assist in streamlining business processes through use of software solutions
- Assisting project managers with larger projects when required
- Co-ordination with Department Manager when escalation of issues arises
- Learn and keep up to date with changing technologies
Must own a reliable vehicle and have a valid driver’s license Minimum 1 year vocational college and/or university
Preference will be given to individuals who currently possess the following skills:
- Visual Studio.NET
- Visual BASIC.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Visio
- IIS 7.0+
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
- Visual Studio 2010+
- Windows Desktop Platforms (Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10)
- Windows Server Platforms (Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Remote Tools: RDP, VNC, VPN
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Must comply with the corporate vision, mission, culture of AbleIT
- Must have a good attitude with a strong will to succeed
- Must be goal oriented
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must have exemplary customer and interpersonal relations
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong technical writing and documentation skills
- Must be proficient at problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize and escalate issues
- Must have the ability to work well in a fast paced team environment
Hours of Work:
- The candidate will be based out of the Edmonton Office and will normally work regular business hours.
- The candidate may be called upon to work occasional evenings and weekends. Special consideration/arrangements will be negotiated for extra hours worked.
Send Resume To:
Our preferred method of resume collection is in .doc or .pdf format and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.